Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Morning Highs

For the past week, my blood sugar seems to be very irregular in the morning and is followed by strange changes later in the day. For example, I could wake up a bit on the low side (70's) and by lunch it could be close to 300mg/dL. Even today I began at 95 and now at 11:30am, its at 244mg/dL.

I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. As of late, I have been working quite a bit and not sleeping very well so it could very well be a lack of rest and possibly an illness coming on. What I do know is that times like these are very frustrating. Ever type 1 diabetic I know has had these periods of unexplanable changes in their blood sugars and every person I have talked to has the same advice... just monitor it and ride out the problem for at least a couple days.

I know that for myself, the transition from Winter to Spring is always really tough for me. The basal rate, correction and carb ratios tend to change a little bit between summer and winter, which requires a time to completely transition. I'm hoping these highs settle down soon.  I'm keeping tight control on my diet and monitor more frequently until the problems subside.
Wish me luck!

1 comment: